Monday 12 July 2010

Are white ravens a sign of the end of the world?

The Bible is my only reliable authority on the end times, and I don't recall anything in Bible prophecy about white ravens, but I find it interesting that even non-Christians are seeing signs of the end times according to their own beliefs. I grew up in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, in the Canadian Arctic where there were plenty of black ravens. I've never seen a white one. As reported in the Nanaimo Daily News:

According to many First Nations legends, seeing a white raven means the end of the world is approaching.

So recent sightings of two of the extremely rare creatures north of Nanaimo have bird-watchers around the world taking interest, with many flocking to the Qualicum Beach area to see if they can have a first-hand look.

To see photos of the white ravens, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment